Businesses and individuals involved in the oil and gas industry regularly face a broad range of unique and often complex legal issues involving the exploration, production, and development of natural gas, oil and other petroleum products.
At WLG Firm, PLLC, we understand both the legal and business issues facing the oil and gas sector, and we make it a priority to learn about and address the unique needs of our oil and gas clients. We are on the front lines of some of the most challenging issues facing the industry, and as such, we provide the following legal services:
- Exploration, Production and Development: In an effort to ensure that our clients are not forced to "plug" operations, our attorneys draft, review and negotiate contracts relating to the exploration, production and development of oil and gas projects, including leases, operating agreements, farm-out agreements, production purchase and sale agreements, exploration agreements and other contracts affecting oil and gas business development and operations.
- Acquisitions and Divestitures: Our oil and gas team regularly drafts, reviews and negotiates purchase and sale agreements for the acquisition and divestiture of wells, minerals, oil and gas properties and pipelines and related assets, and coordinates all aspects of due diligence in regional and multi-state transactions.
- Due Diligence: At WLG Firm, PLLC, we have significant experience in the preparation of comprehensive acquisition throughout Pennsylvania and Ohio. In doing so, we have represented companies in royalty disputes with mineral owners and JOA disputes with working interest partners. Regardless of the asset, our attorneys have the experience and expertise to perform expedited due diligence reviews to help our clients assess the risks associated with each acquisition.
- Infrastructure Development and Project Finance: Our attorneys regularly assist with the structuring, development, building, financing, acquisition or sale of oil and gas projects throughout Pennsylvania and Ohio. Our services include assisting with the negotiation of project contracts, including power purchase, interconnection, tolling, conversion, transportation, engineering, construction, operation, procurement, fuel supply and transportation, maintenance and power marketing and trading agreements.
- Regulatory: At WLG Firm, PLLC, we provide comprehensive regulatory counseling and representation to our clients in the oil and gas industry. Our services include advising on compliance, royalty, leasing, drilling and spacing unit issues under the jurisdiction of various federal and state land management and conservation agencies, issues arising from dismantlement, remediation, abandonment and restoration regulatory requirements.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution: We represent clients in the oil and gas industry with a broad range of matters involving litigation, including disputes related to joint venture and joint operating agreements. We also assist with disputes related to royalties, terms and other provisions of oil and gas leases. We address contractor and other disputes arising out of surface development construction and operations of oil and gas facilities and infrastructure, and assist with commercial transaction disputes arising out of natural gas, crude oil and product purchase and sales agreements, and interconnection and transportation agreements.
At WLG Firm, PLLC, we represent major and independent oil and gas companies in all aspects of their operations. Whether the business plan calls for expansion, acquisition or divestiture, our attorneys have the best interests of our clients in mind, and are committed to assisting them with achieving their business goals.
At WLG Firm, PLLC, we focus on developing strategies that minimize interruptions, so that our clients can focus on what they do best – running their business.